KEEP THE SANITIZER HANDY
Whenever you step out for grocery shopping , keep the sanitiser handy as the likelihood of touching a number of surfaces is higher in a grocery store or supermarket. Use Alcohol-based sanitizers should be kept handy so that they can be applied after touching surfaces like carts , counters , shelves.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK
It is not necessary to wear a N95 mask or a Surgical mask because these are need more for healthcare professionals. A homemade cloth mask will also help you protect yourself as you step out to buy essential items.
Most Mom & Pop stores have come up with spots marked outside their storefronts keeping in mind the need for social distancing.
A distance of six feet from others should be maintained while you shop for your grocery store.
NON CONTACT PAYMENT
It is recommended that the cashless mode of payment be used , this will help mitigate any risk of infection as well as help to save money and not rush to ATM at shorter intervals during lockdowns.
As soon as you get back wash your hands with soap for twenty seconds .
MINIMIZE THE NUMBER OF TRIPS
Maybe you despise shopping in the grocery store , or maybe you secretly love it. Whatever you prefer , you’re supposed to be limiting how often you go. Its best every week or every other week, but you’re not supposed to be going every day.
DESIGNATE A PERSON FOR A GROCERY STORE
If you can, limit one person to shopping in your home (Specially to avoid high-risk people in your household having to leave) . You might be tempted to bring the whole family together, because after all, they’re all co-opted. But it’s best if one person goes to the store to limit the exposure.
EVITATE PEAK HOURS
Try to give your market a call in advance to see what their busiest hours have been and what they’ve been doing in the less busy pockets of the day .
BE AWARE OF THE HIGH TOUCH SURFACES
There’s a cart or basket , tongs in a hot bar of buffet, scoops or tongs in any self-service container, and handless in the refrigerator or freezer sections.
If you have your own disinfectant wipes, you can wipe them off before you touch them. If you don’t have wipes, but you have a hand sanitizer , you can use this after touching the surfaces.
CARRY YOUR OWN CARRY BAG
You better carry your own carry bag with your self , you can sanitizer the bag yourself at home.
SHOP QUICKLY AND BE EFFICIENT
Know what items you need before you go to the store, this way, you have a plan, and you’re not just looking aimlessly at the aisles that can increase your exposure. And buying what you need is going to help you a lot.
- Keep your grocery bag outside of your house first, disinfect it. Staub the foodstuffs with a clean cloth and remove the paper. Let your mask off.
- Take the bag inside and hold the food outside the bag and place it in the kitchen at a clean spot.
- Wash your hands with water and soap for at least twenty seconds.
- Wait down the counter where the non – sterile food was kept. Wash fruit and vegetables in a cold water for at least thirty seconds. Harder vegetables such as potatoes and carrots etc can be cleaned with a scrub brush and water.Rinse your production well in running water, all fruit and vegetables products purchaced from the market can be rinsed in running water , followed by hand rubbing. This is all that is needed to clean most of the vegetables and rinse produce before you peel it, so that the dirt and bacteria are not transferred from the knife to the fruit or vegetables.
- Do not use soap or detergent , The FDA says it’s a complete myth that soap, detergent .Or detergent or any special liquid is required to be cleaned. Gently rub produces while holding under plain running water, there is no need to use soap or wash, If damage or bruising occurs before eating or handling , it is best to cut out the damaged areas before preparing or eating.
- You don’t need a rinse solution, but it’s a good idea to store frozen food that can atleast a week so that yours trips to market are limited.
- Take a bath.
- Ensure that you wash your hands thoroughtly with soap and water before and after cooking.
- Be sure Vegetable scraps be disposed of properly or not. Off in a closed dustbin that is kept away from the kitchen or living room.
- Select chappels or shoes seperatly for shopping along with clothes and leave shoes/chappels out side your house / flat.